Grasp the basics, Sharpen your skills or Create anything that you’ve imagined with our Adobe Photoshop Tutorials…
Photoshop is an interesting tool that lets you renew and revamp your favorite photographs. Get started with Adobe Photoshop tutorials to master the basic tool and techniques. Learn how to play in your work area. Open, edit, save images and undo mistakes to showcase your creativity. By the time we’re done, you will have learned the 5 basics of this designing app.
- How to Open a New Photograph for Editing
Download and open the latest version of Photoshop. Go to the menu bar and look for ‘File’ option. Click on ‘open’ to open old images and ‘new’ to start a new project from scratch.
- Playing with the Work Space
Before you get started, it’s important that you go through Adobe Photoshop tutorials to learn about your workspace. Here’s how it looks like:
- Tools Panel on the Left: It has options for editing images.
- Color Panels on the Right: It has ‘Color’, ‘Layers’ and ‘Properties’ options for controllingvarious elements of a photo.
- Menu Bar at the top: For controlling various panels, commands and adjustments.
- Options bar at the top, below the menu bar: It has options for working on various files.
- Document Window in the middle: It displays the file you’re working on.
- Magnifying Images
You can zoom in and out of the image or pan around using the Zoom tool and Hand tool located in the tools panel.
- Correcting Mistakes
If you want to correct the last changes made in your photos, you can do by clicking the ‘Undo’ option (or press Control+Z), repeat a step by clicking on ‘Redo’ option (or pressControl+Z). You can undo multiple changes by clicking on the ‘Step Backward’ option in the History Panel.
- Save your Files
Once you’ve made relevant changes to your file, just click on ‘File>Save As’ option and save your document in .jpg or .psd formats.
These were just the basics. Stay tuned for our next update on Photoshop’s advanced elements. Happy designing!